Get Back Up with His Strength By Jessica Dixon Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not...
October is Pastor Appreciation month. Lon Alderman @leaderlifter reminds us to overwhelm our church leaders not for this month but everyday. Lon shares some great ideas on how we could show them appreciation.
1Thessalonians 5:12-13 (The Message)
And now, friends, we ask you to honor those leaders who work so hard for you, who have been given the responsibility of urging and guiding you along in your obedience. Overwhelm them with appreciation and love!
October is “Pastor Appreciation Month”! This is the time of year that we are reminded to pray for and appreciate our pastors.
If you hadn’t heard, church leadership is challenging! The demands and expectations of the job are off the charts! Once upon a time being a church leader was a high status and low stress occupation. Not anymore! I think it is pretty safe to say that the opposite is true today!
One of the cool things on our church calendars is the “Pastor Appreciation” month! What I’d love to see is for this cool month of celebrating our church leaders to spill out into the rest of the calendar.
Frankly, I don’t know why we have to set a side a time for something we should do every day! It’s the same with Mother’s Day, Secretaries Day, and Veterans Day (and others). We should appreciate mothers, secretaries, and veterans every day! Regardless, it is still a scriptural mandate to “overwhelm [our pastor] with appreciation and love”.
If you really want to “overwhelm [your pastor] with appreciation and love”, try some of these:
- *Provide a meal for your pastor and the pastor’s family
- *Put together a work crew to winterize the pastor’s yard
- *Send your pastor a note of encouragement
- *Volunteer to assist your pastor with a project around the church
- *Commit to praying for your pastor
- *Send the pastor and his family on a week-long vacation
- *Give your pastor a financial gift
- *My friend Bill suggests that most pastors would appreciate a Harley
- *Invite you pastor (and family) to your house for a meal
Overwhelm your church leaders today!